We continued doing site-directed mutagenesis well into week 12 but started looking at creating composite constructs around this time. Near the beginning of week 11 be began our first set of digestions, digestions and heat shocks. The first round of these did not go as smoothly as we would have hoped and we needed to spend a good deal of time troubleshooting our procedure. Around this time we also started experimenting with a new DNA assembly method we tested (PCR ligation) and had some promising preliminary results.
Protocols & Procedures
To view all of the procedures for this week, click here.