The first month of the project was spent familiarizing ourselves with protocols, literature reviews and getting to know the team. Our primary focus was on determining the project design and scope. During this phase we spent a lot of time brainstorming, researching papers and discussing potential ideas with our professors.
Administrative tasks like acquiring sponsorship and designing the wiki also consumed a lot of our time. We had our main project (directed chemotaxis through transgenic GCPR’s) defined near the end of week two and we spent the remainder of this period researching and acquiring the genes and genetic templates required for the project.
We also received lab and safety training, recruited corporate sponsorship and had some rockin’ socials.
Protocols & Procedures
To view all of the procedures for this week, click here.