SB5.0 at Stanford University
- In June, ASU iGEM attended the Fifth International Meeting on Synthetic Biology, held at Stanford University. Our entire team attended this three-day long conference, a gathering of the world's eminent figures in synthetic biology. We heard from some of the founding leaders of synthetic biology, researchers, industry representatives, members of the DIY bio community, educators, and students.
- Our team was able to meet with students from other iGEM teams from across America and the world as well as set up collaboration efforts that have sparked into a reality through CommunityBricks and AlumniGEM.
Barrett on Display
- Barrett on Display, an annual event held at Barrett, The Honors College at Arizona State University, features the vast array of experiences, talents, and accomplishments in the Barrett Honors College student family.
- Our iGEM team was the only group selected to set up both an exhibit and a presentation for the event to showcase our research and outreach activities throughout the Summer and Fall.
ASU Engineering Fall Welcome
- Lately, ASU's School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering has been pushing for an emphasis on synthetic biology education and research, which has been complemented with the addition of new faculty and research labs dedicated to synthetic biology research and innovation. As synthetic biology ambassadors to ASU, our iGEM team introduced concepts of synthetic biology to incoming engineering freshmen at ASU's annual Engineering Fall welcome event.