Copenhagen/28 June 2011





It seems that something went worng with our mutants from last week since we weren't able to transform XL1-Blue with them - even though we used a larger amount of plasmid. So now we put all our faith in the mutants we made yesterday.

Lab work

  • Finished the mutation: Digested the parental plasmid. Protocol Mutations
  • Transformed E.coli with our new mutant plasmids. Protocol Transformations
  • Took one colony out of our XL1-Blue transformed with biobrick no. BBa_J04500 [1] and placed it in an overnight culture.


We will do Real Fast Mini Preps of our BioBrick and hopefully be able to pick a colony transformed with our cyp for an overnight culture.

Back to Notebook