iGEM 2011 Team of Hokkaido University
Welcome to the BIOxART Gallery!!
Be careful not to contaminate...
Meeting, meeting and MEETING!
Dr. E. coli get ready for the job
BIOxART, please feel free to look around
Experiment, experiment and EXPERIMENT!
We further developed "Dr. E. coli": our project of iGEM 2010. Last year, we showed that Type 3 Secretion System (T3SS) works in E. coli by injecting GFP into RK13 cells. T3SS is a syringe like organelle found in bacterium such as Salmonella which uses it to inject virulence effector proteins into a target eukaryotic cell. We think this system can be applied to direct reprogramming of somatic cells among many other things.
We tested T3SS performance and tried to make it more convenient. For this purpose we designed a plasmid backbone which can instantly produce ready-to-inject fusion proteins from ordinary biobrick part. Using it, we tried to further characterize this system by injecting a library of protein domains.
In Science Gallery we exhibited awesome photographs related with biotechnology in public. We tried to catch the pedestrians’ interest in current synthetic biology and explore their thoughts.
We held the new type science art gallery "Bio Art" at the center of Sapporo city.
This gallery is not only for our team.You can also enjoy Bio Art on this Web page. You can watch more detail in Human Practice page.
Laboratory and Personnel
- Environmental Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University
- Ken-ichi Yamazaki and Members of Yamazaki Lab
- Molecular Biology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University
- Hisatoshi Shida
- Nikon Imaging Center
- Takeharu Nagai, Kenta Saito, Masahiro Nakano, Kentarou Kobayashi, Hiroshi Nishino
- Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, Hokkaido University
- Tomomi Nemoto, Terumasa Hibi, Ryosuke Kawakami
- Muroran Marine Station Field Science Center for Northern Biosphere, Hokkaido University
- Taizo Motomura
- Laboratory of X-ray structural biology, Department of Advanced Transdisciplinary Science, faculty of Advanced Life Science
- Isao Tanaka
- Research Institute for Electronic Science, Hokkaido University
- Salmonella Genetic Stock Center/University of Calgary
- Graduate School of Environmental Earth Science
- Department of biological science/School of Sciense
- Institute for Genetic Medicine
- Primary Cell Co., Ltd.
- ECONiXE Co., Ltd.
- Hokuto Kohki Engineering Co,. Ltd.
- COSMO BIO Co., Ltd.
- AMINO UP CHEMICAL Co., Ltd.
- Mendel Workshop Co., Ltd.