Revision as of 04:00, 29 September 2011 by Ar553
June 5th - June 11th
Sunday, June 5
Monday, June 6
Tuesday, June 7
- Cornell iGEM Bootcamp Training Session (Day 1)
- Part I
- 1. PCR setup
- 2. Run an agarose gel and gel purify the samples using Qiagen Kit.
- 3. Quantify the samples using NanoDrop.
- 4. Digest 1μg of DNA sample for 2 hours in the 37°C waterbath for 2 hours.
- 5. PCR clean up the samples and quantify using NanoDrop.
- Part II
- 1. Miniprep the overnight culture using Qiagen Kit.
- 2. Quantify the samples using NanoDrop.
- 3. Digest 1μg of DNA sample for 2 hours in the 37°C water bath for 2 hours.
- 4. Add CIAP to the backbone and put in the 50°C water bath for 5 minutes.
- 5. Run the samples on the agarose gel.
- 6. Cut out the band of right size, gel purify, and quantify with NanoDrop.
- Part I
Wednesday, June 8
- Weill Hall Lab Space Introduction by Dr. Archer
- Cornell iGEM Bootcamp Training Session (Day 2)
- 1. Set up ligation reaction using 50-100ng of backbone and 1:3 ratio of insert to backbone. Put at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 2. Desalt the ligation samples on a membrane.
- 3. Electroporate the samples in the electrocompetent cells.
- 4. Shake the cells in 37°C shaker for 1 hour.
- 5. Plate the cells onto the agar plate treated with the appropriate antibiotic. Incubate it overnight at 37°C.
Thursday, June 9
- Cornell iGEM Bootcamp Training Session (Day 3)
- 1. Check the colonies on the plates
Friday, June 10
- Team Meeting
- Organized the new lab space in Weill
- Ordered the materials needed for lab work