Primer Design Tool with LMU-Munich
We helped LMU-Munich test their primer design software by sending our primer data and comparing it with the output of their automated designer. To do this, we compared the sequences of the primers used to amplify out parts of the LuxBrick with the primers that their software designed and concluded that their software works as expected. Unfortunately, we did not have enough time to order the primers that the software designed to test it ourselves. Overall, we found the tool easy to use and potentially very useful for future primer design.
Implemented Bug Fixes & Features
- Added cyanobacteria to available genomes
- Switch coding sequences in the primer designer to allow for the user to incude a stop codon in a coding sequence. Before, software insisted that coding sequences not include the stop codon
- Made primer designer default to only check for biobrick restriction enzymes. Before, Primer Designer defaulted to checking for all restriction sites, making the user scroll to the bottom of the page for results
- Added support for FASTA files with headers
- Added descriptions for each column of the Primer Designer output.