|After still failing to produce any positive results from our cloning, we discovered that our parts had been incorrectly synthesized at this point. We sourced some genes from elsewhere and instead began focusing on other components of our system. We spent a lot of time this month finalizing other Outreach opportunities and doing work related to our Human Practices section, as well as developing the laboratory work.|
We repeated the digestion, ligation and transformations of a number of out parts before determining the reason behind why these weren't working.
At this point, we turned to using PCR to amplify some parts from plasmids we had been provided by Dr Alex Ninfa and Dr Susan Rowland, with gels showing bands of the correct sizes.
We purified these pieces and digested them, but subsequent ligations into the plasmid backbone pSB1C3 failed.