Products and stock preparation
- Primer preparation: initial dilution of ordered primers.
- Competent Cells: prepare cells for plasmid uptake.
- Competent Cells. Protocol II (Inoue method).
- Glycerol stock: stock transformed cells at -80°C.
- Agar plate preparation: preparing agar plates for cell cultures.
- Autoclave: to sterilize solutions and glassware.
Cloning, assembly, and mutations
- Transformation: introduce foreign plasmid into competent cells.
- Plating: plate transformed cells
- Liquid cultures: when cells have grown on plates, put them in liquid cultures
- Gibson assembly.
- Linear template- TetR.
- tetR Overlap Extension PCR: induce specific mutations on tetR linear template.
- tetR Site-specific mutagenesis: induce site-specific mutations on a plasmid containing tetR.
- Agarose gel electrophoresis: DNA samples analysis (can be followed by band purification).
- Colony PCR: Analyze the plated transformed cells, to see if Gibson assembly worked
- T7 extension PCR: Put T7 promoter upstream of a gene
- Blunt-End Cloning: Making Blunt Ends
- Plasmid preparation - Miniprep: recover plasmids from a bacterial culture.
- Gel purification: recover DNA separated by electrophoresis
- IPTG test: test expression of a gene downstream from Plac
- PDMS two layer device fabrication
- Master microfabrication for PDMS replica molding
- MITOMI: Protein – DNA interactions
- Klenow dsDNA synthesis
- Agar plate preparation: preparing MG Agar plates for worm cultures.